sfbpf42
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Odysseas Basdekis

SureBackup and replication job at the same time

Post by sfbpf42 »

Hello to all.

I was wandering if there is a way to do the following

I want to start a SureBackup job, let it running after the boot of all VMs (for testing purposes) but at the same time I want to be able to replicate the VMs that are part of this Surebackup job.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks in advance
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: SureBackup and replication job at the same time

Post by DGrinev »

Hi,

Surebackup is using backup files for recovery verification, you can replicate VMs from the production environment without a trouble, since there will be two copies of VMs running in the infrastructure.
However, if you're using backup files as a source for the replication job, all files will be locked and the replication job will not run. Thanks!
sfbpf42
Novice

Post by sfbpf42 »

Currently I am performing the Surebackup job from the replicas and not from the backup files. So, when the replication job starts, it automatically stops the Surebackup.

Can I avoid that?
fraack
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Florian Raack

Post by fraack »

So you mean that you are running SureReplica? As far as I know there is no way to avoid this because a primary backup or replica job has an higher priority than a SureBackup/Replica Job.

May you can avoid this scneraio by scheduling another start time for you jobs.
sfbpf42
Novice

Post by sfbpf42 »

I am sure that the job is a SureBackup job. But the VMs that are part of this job is the replicas. As I understand, there is no way to do the replication job on the replicas that are part of the Surebackup job. I was wondering if there is a different version or distribution of Veeam Backup that can do this.

I know that I can avoid this by by scheduling another start time for my jobs, but there is no time window for this. Also maybe I can do this by cloning the replicas and do my sureback job with the clones?

Thanks for the replies and support
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

sfbpf42 wrote:Also maybe I can do this by cloning the replicas and do my sureback job with the clones?
You can try to import cloned VMs and run SureReplica via application group (something similar to this procedure) or a dummy replication job mapped to them.