Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
john510
Influencer
Liked: never

How to configure backups

Post by john510 »

Right now im using the free backup Veeam software for windows but having a little problem figuring how to set the configuration up.
I want to keep 3 Full images of the computer on the backup destination so how would I do this, I dont want increment backups but to always have 3 versions of the same computer saved then it can rotate them after that.
Technogod
Expert
Liked: 26 times

Re: How to configure backups

Post by Technogod »

The only way to accomplish this would be move the .vbk file to another folder after VAW performs a backup. This would force VAW to perform a full backup during the next scheduled backup. Also copy the .vbm file to the same folder as the .vbk file. The .vbm file contains the meta data used to identify the backups. If VAW created an incremental backup before you moved the .vbk file. Also move the .vib file.
john510
Influencer

Post by john510 »

then what is this new feature in the new release that says?

Click the advanced to enable periodic full backups?
Technogod
Expert

Post by Technogod »

It will create a full backup on the specified day of the month or day of the week. This is a new independent backup chain. The previous backup chain won't be deleted until the end of the retention period. Retention period is determined by the setting restore points to keep on disk.
john510
Influencer

Post by john510 »

setting restore points? how would i do that? then i can just tel it to make a full backup say every Saturday but limit them to 3 of them , can i do that?
Technogod
Expert

Post by Technogod »

No, restore points to keep on disk only keeps restore points from the last full backup. It's located under configure backup. Then select Backup Repository on the left hand side.