Management reporting and documentation
t481
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Veeam ONE Uptime

Post by t481 »

Hello,
I know for a fact that the uptime of my VMs was 100%, however, Veeam ONE had gone down and I don't remember why but it is now reporting that the downtime for the VMs as 23 hours. Is there a way to exclude this erroneous figure?

Also, how can I harden the availability of Veeam ONE?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Veeam ONE Uptime

Post by Shestakov »

Hello,
Indeed if data was not collected by Veeam ONE, it will be count as downtime for that VM. Would you like Veeam ONE to count absent data as uptime?
By the way, did you have Veeam ONE Server down for 23 hours?
Thanks!
t481
Enthusiast

Post by t481 »

Hi Shestakov,
The honest answer is I don't know but I suspect something went wrong with the data collection by Veeam ONE as I'm pretty sure those particular VMs were definately 100% available.
I would like Veeam ONE to either add a note that it was unable to collect data for xx amount of time on such date(s) or allow me to exclude the period from the availability report entirely. Is this possible?
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

It`s not possible in current version as it is kind of corner case, but we will take your feedback into account for future releases.
Thanks!
t481
Enthusiast

Post by t481 »

Shestakov wrote:It`s not possible in current version as it is kind of corner case, but we will take your feedback into account for future releases.
Thanks!
Thanks. Surely other people have had a similar issue where Veeam ONE was unable to collect information for whatever reason but that shouldn't necessarily count as down time!
In the meantime, is there a way to "harden" Veeam ONE to protect it better? i.e. FT or possibly 2 servers.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

You may protect Veeam ONE Server VM with clustering, replication and/or backups.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Adding extra field that would indicate that data collection issues makes total sense. Thanks for the feedback.