Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
DDIT
Expert
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Michael Yorke

Error: Tape library not found (id:)

Post by DDIT »

Hi,

As part of an ongoing support case regarding odd results when copying to tape, my Superloader 3 was deemed to be faulty and was replaced by Quantum. My old Superloader was renamed in Veeam to 'Autoloader' and Veeam never complained. Everything continued to work.

With the replacement Superloader attached it was correctly detected by Veeam and labelled as "QUANTUM UHDL 0092". I renamed this new one to 'Autoloader' to match the previous name.

Now, when I check the properties any of my media pools, I get the error "Tape library not found (id:)". This is a problem because I can't move media between media pools as I get the next error "Cannot move selected tapes because target media pool is not linked with the same source library".

I don't think the renaming has caused the problem, more the fact that the library was replaced and I'm guess its unique ID (or whatever!) in the database has changed. I don't want to have to recall all my media from storage to be able to move it between pools. Is there a way to edit the Veeam database directly to replace the old library ID with the new ID?

The original support case ID #01884729

Regards
Michael
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1575 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Error: Tape library not found (id:)

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Michael,

It's just a guess, but try to rename the library with the different name and then check if you can link it to the old media pool.
DDIT
Expert

Post by DDIT »

Hi,

Thanks. I renamed to something new and unique but the error is the same. When in the properties, I tried to remove and re-add the library via the 'manage' button, but this did not help.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

And if you add the new library to any other media pool - it works (let say a newly created one) without an error?
DDIT
Expert

Post by DDIT »

Hi,

Thanks. I created a new 'test' pool and added the new autoloader, which was accepted fine. When the pool was created and I checked the properties, I got no error.

Where can I go from here? If I create new pools, I can't move the media because most of it is offline (at the storage facility) and associated with "another" library.

Cheers, Michael.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks for testing. It looks like the old media pool still have a link to the old library for some reason. The next stop is log investigation, so, kindly, keep working with our support team on this one. Please do not forget to update this thread with investigation results.
rscurrah
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Richard Scurrah

Post by rscurrah »

I am getting this error. Was there a resolution to the problem?
DDIT
Expert

Post by DDIT »

@rscurrah, what happened to your autoloader for the to get this problem? Was it replaced?

For me, I unfortunately had to recall all my tape media, load each into the library and associate with the new library/pool. It took some time and it was the only solution in the end.
rscurrah
Novice
Full Name: Richard Scurrah

Post by rscurrah »

I swapped the original library which had a single drive with one which had 4 drives, I set the media pools to use both libraries, applied the settings then removed the old library from the media pool settings then removed it completely from the list of libraries. All the old tapes were successfully associated with the new library but I just get this silly error when selecting the media pool properties!
reaperhammer
Service Provider
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Will S

Post by reaperhammer »

Also getting this error after a failed tape drive was replaced. That being said I swapped the drive previously and we didn't have this issue, then someone else did the drive reconfigure in Veeam now we have this issue.. I see all my tapes are associated with LibraryId 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 now. Can I use powershell or something to associate them with the new Libraryid?
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Folks,

This issue requires debug log analysis and does not have unified resolution. If you see the same behavior, please, open support case and share the case id in this thread. Thank you.
Benjamin Wilbur
Lurker
Full Name: Benjamin Wilbur

Post by Benjamin Wilbur »

Hi,

we have the same issue since we've replaced one of our Tape Libraries. One of the Tape pools that was assigned to it is now giving the error "Tape library not found (id:)"
Here's our case number # 05155266

kind regards,

Benjamin
JeWe
Enthusiast

Post by JeWe »

Hi,

this is (in our case, case #05112644) because of all the old tapes have to be inventoried with the new tape library. We switched from LTO6 to LTO8, as we can't use the old tapes anymore, maybe it would have helped to delete all the old tapes, but I'm not sure about this. In short: The tapes are linked to the old tape library.
lyapkost
Expert
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Konstantin

Post by lyapkost » 1 person likes this post

To replace tape libraries properly one should refer to the following article.
JeWe
Enthusiast

Post by JeWe »

Thanks for the link!