Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Yahoo39
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Yahoo to google

Google drive (enterprise) backup

Post by Yahoo39 »

Hey Guys,

I want to backup Google drive (enterprise) either in cloud, NAS or tapes but not sure how I can achieve it.

One option is to google drive sync and local backup to tape. We are on 9.5 update 2.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Google drive (enterprise) backup

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Yahoo39,

To backup files to tape you should have a local access to the files (it can be a local drive or share folder). Frankly speaking, you must sync files with the local storage first and then you can write them to tape (via file to tape job).
dellock6
VeeaMVP
Liked: 1928 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Post by dellock6 »

The options you listed are the possible targets, but I guess that since you posted in this forum, the idea is to create a local copy of Google Drive on a virtual machine, right? At that point it's just another folder of that VM, you don't need files to tape, just a regular vm backup.
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1
aceit
Enthusiast
Liked: 14 times

Post by aceit »

Yahoo39 wrote:Hey Guys,

I want to backup Google drive (enterprise) either in cloud, NAS or tapes but not sure how I can achieve it.

One option is to google drive sync and local backup to tape. We are on 9.5 update 2.
If you really want to backup google "stuff" via veeam locally (and not using other cloud based or dedicated solutions), just pull the data into a local VM (ie existing file server or such if you don't want to create more) and then backup it normally via veeam... I think it would be the best option if you need to centralize...