Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
tranquilnet
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Tranquilnet IT Solutions

veeam agent for win labtech, scripting, central management

Post by tranquilnet »

We use LabTech to automate the process of installing, configuring and monitoring different software solutions that we deploy to our clients.

Sometimes, the software we deploy offers a full service plugin to manage the ability to mass install, uninstall, configure and monitor the software.

Other times, we require access to MSI installers, registry settings, log files and commands to install software and pull data to monitor and alert on.

Regarding the Veeam Agent for Windows, what will our mass deployment, configuration and management options be and when will they be available?

Thanks,

-Will
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: veeam agent for win labtech, scripting, central manageme

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Will,

We have a plugin for LabTech already, and in time I am sure that plugin will get an update for VAW 2.0.

For the deployment without LabTech there are 3 options:
1) The free version will not support mass configuration and management options. It is intended as a standalone solution
2) The paid versions can be deployed/ configured and so on through the Veeam Availability Console. This is a solution for Veeam Certified Service Providers and for companies with a certain amount of agents installed
3) If you cannot use VAC, then you will be able to use the API for mass deployment and configuration

For the future, there will be a #4 also, but you will have to pay attention to VeeamON that will happen soon to learn more about it ;-)

Cheers
Mike
tranquilnet
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Tranquilnet IT Solutions

Post by tranquilnet »

Thanks Mike.

How will I know when the LT plugin has been updated for VAW 2.0? We are eagerly waiting to test and deploy.

Who can I discuss the veeam availability console with? Note that I am scheduled to get certified at VeeamON. Not sure if that cert is the same as the one you are referencing.

-W
relionbrian
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Brian Lee

Post by relionbrian »

We're also eagerly awaiting the 2.0 plugin update :)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Brian, here is a bit more info on this topic, please take a look > [LABTECH] Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows: FAQ.
wnichols
Novice
Liked: never

Post by wnichols »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Hi Brian, here is a bit more info on this topic, please take a look > [LABTECH] Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows: FAQ.
I don't have access to see this post - how do I go about getting access?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

To access this topic, please kindly apply for Veeam Cloud & Service Providers forum. You should be a registered VCSP to get the approval. Thanks!