baber
Veteran
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Babak Seyedi nejad

backup proxy transport mode

Post by baber »

Dear all
Hi

i read in your documents about backup proxy transport mode and it said that when we select backup proxy it just will be used for recovery machine and for get backup it will automatically select one of backup proxy tranport mode option

(the selected transport mode is used for retrieval. for writing data to the target veeam backup and replication
picks the transport mode automatically,based on the configuration of the backup proxy and transport mode limitations)

is that corect ????
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: backup proxy transport mode

Post by DGrinev »

Hi,

The transport mode determines how the VM data will be retrieved from the source and written to the target. You can choose which mode to use manually or leave automatic selection.
You can read a detailed description of each mode in our sticky thread.
Also, you can find out more useful information about backup proxy and transport modes in existing discussion - Proxy... Proxy... But what IS IT ?

Thanks!
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

thanks
but could not get my answer now for get backup from a vm if i put tranport mode on virtual appliance mode realy it will be use from virtual appliance mode and for restore a vm if i put transport mode on network realy will be used from network or select a method automatically

BR
DGrinev
Veteran

Post by DGrinev »

Manually selected transport mode will be utilized by the backup proxy for all operations (backup and restore). Thanks!
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

thanks
but what does this means in veeam backup 9.5 user guide document ???

The selected transported mode is used for data retrieval. For writing data to the target, Veeam Backup & Replication picks the transport mode automatically, based on the configuration of the backup proxy and transport mode limitations.

BR
Babak
DGrinev
Veteran

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Babak,

You can choose how to retrieve VM data from the production datastore, but cannot make a choice for the write operation.
However, Veeam B&R will scan backup proxy configuration to choose the optimal transport mode for writing. Thanks!