Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Simpleacc
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Javier

Random folder name.

Post by Simpleacc »

Hello,

I am using Veeam Backup and Replication 9.5 and Hyper-V on Windows Server 2012 R2.
We have a problem with the replicated VMs folder names.

Our scenario is.. We have 2 locations with Veeam server for eachone. Location ‘A’ do daily backups, then we have configured a replication job to move the VM backup from the backup repository ‘A’ to the location ‘B’. It is working fine, really. The only problem is the folder name…

When location ‘A’ do the backup, it creates a folder with the same name as the VM then inside this, we can find the copy (It is correct). But when location ‘A’ do the replica to ‘B’, it creates a folder with random names like 7205f18a90104a448a3461c771af3661, 84cdd495deaf41a4710a49330d932bff, 49609e5abc1d42cbab51839ae159de8b… on ‘B’ destination.

Can I configure the replication job to use the VM name as folder and not use a random name. It will help us to find the VM quickly.

Best regards.
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Random folder name.

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Javier and welcome to the community!

There is no option to use the VM name for the folders, however, if you want to place VM replicas in different folders, you can manually create those folders on the target with desired names and specify where to store replicas for every VM in the job.
Please review this article in the User Guide to find out how to specify replica destination. Thanks!
Simpleacc
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Javier

Re: Random folder name.

Post by Simpleacc »

Hello,

Thanks for your answer, it should be a solution. The only problem is that our backup jobs target are CSVs not selected VMs. If we use this solution and we deploy a new VM, we will need modify the job adding the new one, and the same if we remove one of the existing VMs.
Anyway I am going to try your solution. Let's see if it fix our issue.

Thank you for your help :D