Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Unison
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Gav

Veeam B&R v10 - Can install on Win10?

Post by Unison »

Hi guys,
does anyone know if the coming Veeam v10 Console can be installed on Windows 10 (i.e. a NON-Server OS)?

Current VBR console can be installed on non-server OS - but just wondering if that is going to change or if its yet known that v10 will install/run fine from a Windows10 OS.

Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2249 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam B&R v10 - Can install on Win10?

Post by veremin »

Unfortunately, it's too early to speak about system requirements of yet-to-be-released product version. Also, see this post might be of some interest to you. Thanks.
Unison
Enthusiast

Post by Unison »

Thanks Vladimir
I actually did see that post when it was made and i also vaguely remember seeing a poll/vote regarding veeam and supported operating systems maybe earlier in the year (from one of Anton's email digests) - but i cant dig that up.
It is the post from Anton and this poll/vote that i cant exactly remember the details of that is prompting this question.....uncertainty.

Understand it might be too early to release specifics on a comping version - but can you or anyone at Veeam comment on if dropping non-Server OS support for the Veeam console is even something that has ever been mentioned, something that is on the roadmap or something that veeam has even thought about doing?

Is there any reason at all to believe that when Veeam v10 is released - there is a chance that you wont be able to install/run it on a non-server OS?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6633 times

Post by Gostev »

Windows 10 will most certainly be supported for Veeam console in the foreseeable future, just like it is supported today. While we may drop support for some older Windows OS versions, I just don't see how could we possibly not support the most current version of the flagship Microsoft OS.

The poll you are thinking about was for Windows Server 2008 non-R2.
Unison
Enthusiast

Post by Unison »

Thanks Anton for sharing that information - reassuring :)
Yes that was the poll - thanks for digging that up and clearly nothing to worry about with regards to current non-server OS's.