Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
mikeely
Expert
Liked: 69 times
Full Name: Mike Ely

Feature Request for Virtual Lab: 2 subnets 1 port

Post by mikeely »

Sorry for vague title, but ran out of chars in the subject line when trying to be more clear.

Here's our problem: we have the bulk of our VMs at one site live on a vSphere port group whose addresses look something like this (I've obfuscated the actual addresses as they're non-private the masks are accurate):
192.168.1.32/27 gw 192.168.1.33
192.168.1.128/26 gw 192.168.1.129

This works fine in VMWare but per case 02405885 it's not possible to support this configuration in the Veeam virtual lab. The fact that VMWare supports it is my justification for the feature add.

Can we please add this level of compatibility to Veeam so that we can actually use the virtual lab? Thanks!
'If you truly love Veeam, then you should not let us do this :D' --Gostev, in a particularly Blazing Saddles moment
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Feature Request for Virtual Lab: 2 subnets 1 port

Post by foggy »

Thanks for the request, Mike. Indeed, such configuration is currently not possible, unless you create two separate virtual labs for different types of addressing and distribute VMs between SureBackup jobs manually.
mikeely
Expert
Liked: 69 times
Full Name: Mike Ely

Re: Feature Request for Virtual Lab: 2 subnets 1 port

Post by mikeely »

foggy wrote:Thanks for the request, Mike. Indeed, such configuration is currently not possible, unless you create two separate virtual labs for different types of addressing and distribute VMs between SureBackup jobs manually.
...which unfortunately won't work at all if the virtual application that needs to be tested within a SureBackup job utilizes VMs in both network segments, as is currently the case for something I was hoping to do. :(
'If you truly love Veeam, then you should not let us do this :D' --Gostev, in a particularly Blazing Saddles moment