Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
PariPari
Expert
Liked: 10 times

Veeam Agent Server Edition - Missing Scheduling Options

Post by PariPari »

Hello,

i just want to confirm if this is on purpose or a bug:

I just installed VAW 2.0 on a Server 2008 R2. I installed the 6 Month Trial Licence and did choose "Server".
When I use local Storage as the target i have detailed scheduling options (hourly backup). When i choose Veeam Repository as the target, i have the standard "Daily at xx:xx" Schedule Option.
I already tried revoking the licence and restarting the Veeam Agent Service.

Is this on purpose? Why?

Best Regards
PariPari
Expert
Liked: 10 times

Re: Veeam Agent Server Edition - Missing Scheduling Options

Post by PariPari »

Nevermind, i found the solution. When connecting to a VBR Server it silently switches the licence back to "free". I installed the VAW Licence on the VBR Server and schedule Options are not available :-)
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam Agent Server Edition - Missing Scheduling Options

Post by Dima P. »

True story, when you target agent to backup server, last start to act as a license distribution server for this agent. If it has not licenses – agent automatically get a free license which overwrites the existing agent license. Retention and schedule options are different in workstation and server editions and to avoid the unpredictable/accidental merge after license swap we disable the schedule when you edition is modified.