Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
chris.childerhose
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 132 times
Full Name: Chris Childerhose

Error: Failed to find valid iSCSI adapter

Post by chris.childerhose »

I have the Nimble Integration set up but some of my jobs constantly fail with this message. I have tried everything to fix this and have a Support Case open - SR # 02171302.

Anyone else have this issue and fixed it? We have Nimble Connection Manager installed on all Proxy servers to manage connections. All my proxy servers were redeployed with a new Windows 2016 template also. Connections to all volumes on 7 arrays work fine from each proxy server.
-----------------------
Chris Childerhose
Veeam Vanguard / Veeam Legend / Veeam Ceritified Architect / VMCE
vExpert / VCAP-DCA / VCP8 / MCITP
Personal blog: https://just-virtualization.tech
Twitter: @cchilderhose
ChrisGundry
Veteran
Liked: 40 times
Full Name: Chris Gundry

Re: Error: Failed to find valid iSCSI adapter

Post by ChrisGundry »

Hi. did you find a solution to this problem? I have just moved a load of volumes to a Nimble and all are working fine except for 1 which is generating this error. We moved our other site to Nimble earlier this year and didn't get this error on any volumes.
Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

As far as I can get from the Chris' case, removing redundant iSCSI connections and proxy reboot have helped. I recommend contacting support for assistance, anyway.
ChrisGundry
Veteran
Liked: 40 times
Full Name: Chris Gundry

Post by ChrisGundry »

Thanks Foggy.

Our issue is resolved, it was a stupid problem which I am not how it happened actually. The proxy server VM that was failing was simply disconnected from the iSCSI vSwitch within VMware.... No idea how that happened as nothing has been done in there, there are no events on the VM to say this happened either so really unsure how it happened. But a basic problem I should have caught and somehow missed, but an easy fix, just reconnected it to the network and all is happy again.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Chris,

Thanks for letting us know, and thanks for telling what the solution (in your case) was. This will probably help other community members. And obviously I'm happy that the problem is solved :-)

Cheers
Mike