Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
DaStivi
Service Provider
Liked: 34 times
Full Name: Stephan Lang

Bluescreen when starting Backup

Post by DaStivi »

Hi,
i've multiple PCs where i get Bluescreens when Backup on System Volume starts...
Recovery partition and EFI partion is getting backedup fine... but after a couple of seconds when the system volume starts the pcs gets bluescreens...
they are mostly different each time:

for example:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (entire computer backup)
0x000000d1 (0xffff8180f3722000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff80cf83a1bfb
caused by driver vfilter.sys
crash address ntoskrnl.exe

kernel security (backup only C drive)
0x00000139 (0x0000000000000003, 0xffff9b8d37a4b790, 0xffff9b8d37a4b6e8, 0x0000000000000000

Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Bluescreen when starting Backup

Post by Dima P. »

Stephan,

These agents are managed by Veeam B&R server, right? Do you have CBT driver installed for the affected computers?
khai_isman
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Khairul Sufandi

[MERGED] Veeam agent endpoint keep crashing during backup

Post by khai_isman »

Hi guys,

I've set up a new Veeam BnR with central management of veeam agents.

So i have my veeam agents on a 2012 R2 FnP server that backups up a dedicated veeam backup repository server located in the same site.

Now recently when the backup is happening, the FnP server with the agent software (latest version) keeps crashing/BSOD.

I got the latest update of windows server 2012, and veeam BnR and agent software but it still keeps crashing randomly during backups.

Anyone experienced the same thing with veeam agent for windows?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Hi Khairul,

While awaiting for input from other fellow users, please provide details requested by Dmitry in this thread and contact our support directly so they can investigate the issue. Once you do so please post your support case ID.

Thanks
khai_isman
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Khairul Sufandi

Post by khai_isman »

Managed to stop the BSOD and backup failures due to connection being closed.

From the crashdumps, getting TCP/IP errors and saying the limits have exceeded.

Did some googling and people were having issues with vmware tools VMCI driver. By default it installs it when you install vmware client.

So what i've done is uninstall the vmware tools and then install it but this time, select custom install and exclude VMCI driver.

Backups have been running successfully for the past 7 days and no crash or BSOD so far.
ilexius

Post by ilexius » 1 person likes this post

That was a great hint to tackle my problem. I encounterd BSOD after upgrading to the new version of Backup and Recovery. I deactivated the backup, and everything is just fine. now i only need to find a way to do backups again!