Management reporting and documentation
ic_mcourtney
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: mcourtney

Backup Billing bug with vCloud jobs

Post by ic_mcourtney »

I've come across what seems to be a bug with the Veeam ONE Backup Billing reporting.

When reporting on a vCloud Backup Job, Veeam ONE reports 'Total VMs' as the sum of the number of vApps and VMs within the backup job.
I would expect it to report only the number of VMs, which would align to how VBR reports license usage (i.e. VBR only counts the number of VMs (and ignores vApps) when calculating license usage).

In the screenshot shown below the VBR vCloud Backup Job that Veeam ONE is reporting on includes 5x vApps, each of which contain 1x VM each (5x VMs total).
I would expect Veeam ONE to report 'Total VMs: 5', but instead it reports 'Total VMs: 10'.

I've raised support case 02452005 with Veeam Support, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has observed the same behaviour in their environment?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Backup Billing bug with vCloud jobs

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Matty,
Indeed that looks like a bug, thanks for contacting the support team. If the bug is confirmed, you should get hot fix. I believe fixing the bug will not take long.
ic_mcourtney
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: mcourtney

Post by ic_mcourtney »

Hi Nikita,

I've done some more research and the root cause of the bug may actually be in B&R, not Veeam ONE. I've posted about my findings here if you're interested.

Regards,

Matty
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Thanks for the update, Matty.
Once the bug is confirmed, R&D team has started to fix it. Even if VBR bug was confirmed by Veeam ONE support team.