Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
RigelIT
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Richard Chan

Veeam replication restart all over again when disrupted

Post by RigelIT »

I am using veeam to replicate to a off-site every 2 hours.
When there is a internet disconnection, the replica will be corrupted and I will have to restore back a good full backup copy and redo the whole replication again.
Is there a method/settings that I can use if any replica is corrupted I can restore back the last good replication instead of starting all over again from a full backup restore?
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Veeam replication restart all over again when disrupted

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Richard and welcome to the community!

The replication job should auto-retry in case when the last session was failed and continue the replica chain.
Just to confirm I get you right, the replication starts a full run every time the job failed? Thanks!
RigelIT
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Richard Chan

Post by RigelIT »

Yes when the replica is corrupted due to like internet disruption, the replication will not be able to continue. I will need to restore back a good backup copy and redo the replication. The last thing I am thinking is to implement a increment backup following a successful replication. Is there a better way?
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Post by DGrinev »

Since the described behavior is unexpected, you should contact the support team and provide the logs so they can find out the real cause of the issue.
Please do not forget to post the case ID here, so we can track it internally. Thanks!