Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
graycj
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Carl Gray

Modify ExchangeExplorer Dump location

Post by graycj »

Hello,

I'm doing some recovery work on a pretty large public folder database. As I'm searching through it and recovering emails it creates a rtf file of the messages in: C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\ExchangeExplorer\Dumps folder.

My server diskspace on C:\ is down to 6GB!, but on D:\ I have 2 TB free. Is it possible to change the path of this folder to D:\ ?

Also as a side note, when i completed the recovery I was working on last week, the Exchange Explorer didn't remove the data in the dump folder ~40GB and 100,000's of files! Is that normal, or is the sheer size a problem?

Thanks,
Carl
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1262 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Modify ExchangeExplorer Dump location

Post by Mike Resseler » 1 person likes this post

Hi Carl,

As far as I am aware there is not a possibility to change that location. I will ask internally to be sure. For the second question, I don't think that is normal either. I would suggest that you create a support case for this so it can be investigated. (As always, post the case ID here and the potential solution after investigation with the engineers also)

Thanks
Mike
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Carl, Mike is right, it is not possible to redirect this folder. However, this is not even required, since this folder, as it is clear from its name, stores dumps of the tool when something goes wrong, i.e. in cases where the restore literally fails. The fact that you have that large number of files in it says that something is wrong in the entire setup and this should be investigated. So, yes, please open a case so our engineers could look at it closer.
graycj
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Carl Gray

Post by graycj »

Case Number: 02625279. I'm working with support now so will update the thread when we have a resolution.