Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
KiwiJJ
Expert
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: John Jones

Backup to tape issue with repository

Post by KiwiJJ »

Hi,
We have Veeam servers located in Auckland and Wellington. The tape is connected to the Wellington Veeam server. Auckland backups replicate at the SAN level down to Wellington.

The repository that receives the Auckland backups has been added to the Tape job but it is not backing them up.

How can I get this to work ?

thanks,

John
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup to tape issue with repository

Post by Dima P. »

Hello John,

Please check if replicated backup files are displayed under Imported node on your secondary Veeam B&R server? Thanks.
KiwiJJ
Expert

Post by KiwiJJ »

Hi Dmitry,
No they are not displayed under imported node. The files replicate from the Auckland to Wellington SAN. The location on the Wellington SAN has been added to B&R as a repository and then this repository has been added to the Tape backup job. Are you saying that I have to import the files from the SAN Repository into "Disk (imported)" under Backups ? Would this have to be done daily ?

thanks,

John
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

John,

Tape job skips the imported backups, that's why I was asking about imported node. How replicated backups files are displayed in the secondary Veeam B&R server? Thank you.
KiwiJJ
Expert

Post by KiwiJJ »

Hi Dmitry,
What if I setup a job on the Wellington server to backup using the Auckland repository to the Auckland SAN which would then replicate at the SAN level down to Wellington and added that repository to the tape backup job would that then pick up the data ?

thanks,

John
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Not sure whether I totally follow you on your deployment model, but what Dmitry is saying here is that you have to:

- either create dummy backup jobs, map them to replicated backups and only then select the backups jobs as source for tape jobs
- or back those files up, using files to tape jobs instead

Thanks.