Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
timofcourse
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Tim Graffam

Job summary only shows last retry attempt.

Post by timofcourse »

Hi there
On occasion, backup of one / some of the VMs in specific job will fail on the first attempt. Because we have "automatic retry" enabled (set to 3), B&R will attempt to backup those VMs again.

The problem I'm having is when selecting a job on the primary Jobs screen in B&R, the job details pane only shows the results of the most recent attempt. So for example, if we have a job that has 4 VMs - 3 backup successfully, but 1 fails on the first attempt B&R tries to back it up again and the job details pane will only show the results of that 1 VM.

I don't recall it ever doing this - I thought it always showed the results of the entire job. Am I imagining things or did this change in a recent(ish) release?

Thanks!
Mark L
Novice
Full Name: Mark Lang

Re: Job summary only shows last retry attempt.

Post by Mark L »

In my console, each attempt is treated as a separate job attempt, so viewing the job will show for example the most recent retry. To see previous retry info, I have to hit the left arrow key, just like I would in order to see previous day's job info, and then I'll see all the other VMs.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Mark is spot on, you can switch between the job runs using the arrow keys. This behavior hasn't changed since some very old version.
timofcourse
Enthusiast

Post by timofcourse »

So be clear, are you both referring to the Backup & Replication > Jobs screen or the History screen? I know I can see all retries on the History screen, but I'm referring to the B&R screen. Selecting the job shows the details pane which only the most recent "retry". I can navigate between the jobs using the up/down arrow keys, but left+right keys dont do anything for me.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Right-click the job and select Statistics.
timofcourse
Enthusiast

Post by timofcourse »

So there's no single view that tells me the results of the entire job and how long it took regardless of the number of retries? I really thought the B&R job details showed, this but I'm obviously mistaken.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Enterprise Manager daily job summary report should be the one you need.