Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Guidocos
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Guido Cosulich de Pecine

Sharepoint site restore

Post by Guidocos »

Hi,
we have installed Veeam 8 few days ago and we're running some tests.
I'm in charge of evaluation of Sharepoint 2010 backup \restore.
I can say it has really good performances in backup and in restoring single items (list and libraries) but ... what about sites? We've not found anywhere how to restore a site or, worst of all, a site collection. I googled the net but I didn't find a single reference about it: in previous versions it wasn't possible. And now ??
TIA
Best regards
Guido
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Re: Sharepoint site restore

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Guido. We are looking to add these capabilities in the future releases. Thanks!
Guidocos
Lurker
Full Name: Guido Cosulich de Pecine

Post by Guidocos »

Hi,
thanks for your reply.
Any idea about "future" ???
Guido
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

Short term future. We are working on this feature for the next release, but at this point I cannot guarantee that every feature we are working on (including this particular one) is going to make it into v9. Usually, anywhere from 10 to 20% of features get postponed until the next update... which is why we do not make next release feature announcements until a few month before the actual release. We simply do not want to accidentally set false expectations. Thanks!
krogerss
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Post by krogerss »

Is Sharepoint site restore still not supported? The following was copied from the "Veeam Backup 8 Explorers" documentation -

"Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint allows you to restore sites, lists and separate list objects from Microsoft SharePoint content database files"

Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Entire site restore is not supported, but you can restore all lists of the particular site to the existing configured site or use this workaround.
Noavis
Lurker

Post by Noavis »

Why is it still not possible to Restore Pages (Sites Collections). This post is 3 years old.
When will be the Feature available?