Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
JHuston
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Jeff Huston

SharePoint restore issue.

Post by JHuston »

Case number 03026006, support is working on reviewing logs, just thought I'd ask in case someone has seen this.

I have a new SharePoint 2016 farm that is running on SQL 2017 Enterprise for the DB. I am doing a FLR on the SQL DB and then trying to mount it into the SharePoint recovery tool ( this is the way I like to do it). I am getting a " CREATE FILE encountered operating system error 5 (Access Denied) while attempting to open or create the physical file '\\VEEAMMGMT\VeeamTempShare_53f16..."

It also fails if I run the job strait from the SharePoint tool and let it mount the DB etc.

I'm thinking it's something permissions related. The SQL backup job is running with the master SQL admin account. The SharePoint jobs are running with the farm admin account.

Ideas?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: SharePoint restore issue.

Post by foggy »

Hi Jeff, this is a permission issue, indeed. I believe you will be able to track it down with the help of support.
JHuston
Enthusiast

Post by JHuston »

Thanks Foggy, I actually just verified I get the error when trying to do any SharePoint item level recovery, even on my other farm.

Has anyone else seen this? I've bounced around a bit between support reps and not really getting anywhere.

The firewall is disabled for domain right now and I can browse to the Admin$ share on the host in the error below from the Veeam management server.

JHuston
Enthusiast

Post by JHuston » 1 person likes this post

Quick follow up, I just solved this.

I don't know why but the SQL explorer was using some cached credentials. I checked it the other day while troubleshooting with suppport and it was using my Veeam admin account as the connection account to my SQL staging server. Today during troubleshooting again, it actually popped up saying it didn't have access to the Admin$ share on the mount server.

I updated the credentials back to my Veeam admin account and it worked.

On a side note, I hadn't used the Sharepoint/SQL explorer since I upgraded to the latest 9.5 update last month... Guess we'll call it a glitch.