Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
wonderboy
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: peter

Feature Request: "Last Run" Column on Main Window!

Post by wonderboy »

I have again come across a client whose backup job was not running correctly, and they never noticed becaus ethe last result says "Success", they think it's OK.

There's a few reasons I have seen for this over the years, but so far we have: -

a) Job Chained to a job that has been deleted (and usually re-created under another name).
b) Veeam Backup server freezing.
c) Schedule changed by mistake.

so I'd really, really like to see a Last Run Time/Date added to the "jobs" summary screen and ideally a selectable Warining colour or something if it has not run within a few days (user-selectable, default to 2 days).

Small feature but would be great!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6716 times

Re: Feature Request: "Last Run" Colum on Main Window!

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

I just heard the same request from a very big brand, also our existing customer. But I did not like to put the actual date into the column - there is already a columns with date, plus date/time value is hardly readable at a glance. I proposed to instead have the "Last run" column that will say, for example, "4 days ago" - and they thought it is an excellent idea. What do you think?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your post.
Job Chained to a job that has been deleted (and usually re-created under another name).
Just checked, with schedule option to ‘start after this job’ you get a confirmation dialog with all dependent jobs listed and if the name of the job was modified - it's automatically propagated to the dependent job schedule.

From the top of my head your challenge can be easily solved by VeeamOne reporting capabilities. For instance take a loot at Protected VMs report. Thanks!
Rascii
Influencer

Post by Rascii »

Gostev wrote:I just heard the same request from a very big brand, also our existing customer. But I did not like to put the actual date into the column - there is already a columns with date, plus date/time value is hardly readable at a glance. I proposed to instead have the "Last run" column that will say, for example, "4 days ago" - and they thought it is an excellent idea. What do you think?
Love the idea. Better than a long and cumbersome date for sure.

A very needed column as I agree with the OP.
wonderboy
Influencer
Full Name: peter

Re: Feature Request: "Last Run" Column on Main Window!

Post by wonderboy »

Hi Gostev,

yes that sounds like it will do the trick!

thanks
damind
Novice
Liked: never

Post by damind »

I would also like to see last run date information in the Job information window of the Veeam B&R Console. However, I would like to expand the request to include selectable columns for many other job options such as Secondary Targets, Free space on target, Guest Processing options, Last run duration, etc. Thanks for a great product.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6716 times

Post by Gostev » 2 people like this post

In Update 4, we've added the requested column, as well as the ability to select which columns to display in the job grid. So, we're no longer limited in the number of columns we can fit in the grid, and will be able to add additional columns in future based on your requests. The only consideration that remains in place is how fast the corresponding information can be queried before it can be displayed, as this part is the number one reason for "slow UI" issues.