Feature Request: "Last Run" Column on Main Window!

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Feature Request: "Last Run" Column on Main Window!

Veeam Logoby wonderboy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:46 pm

I have again come across a client whose backup job was not running correctly, and they never noticed becaus ethe last result says "Success", they think it's OK.

There's a few reasons I have seen for this over the years, but so far we have: -

a) Job Chained to a job that has been deleted (and usually re-created under another name).
b) Veeam Backup server freezing.
c) Schedule changed by mistake.

so I'd really, really like to see a Last Run Time/Date added to the "jobs" summary screen and ideally a selectable Warining colour or something if it has not run within a few days (user-selectable, default to 2 days).

Small feature but would be great!
wonderboy
Influencer

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: peter

Re: Feature Request: "Last Run" Colum on Main Window!

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:56 pm 1 person likes this post

I just heard the same request from a very big brand, also our existing customer. But I did not like to put the actual date into the column - there is already a columns with date, plus date/time value is hardly readable at a glance. I proposed to instead have the "Last run" column that will say, for example, "4 days ago" - and they thought it is an excellent idea. What do you think?
Gostev
Veeam Software

Liked: 2613 times

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:10 pm

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your post.

Job Chained to a job that has been deleted (and usually re-created under another name).

Just checked, with schedule option to ‘start after this job’ you get a confirmation dialog with all dependent jobs listed and if the name of the job was modified - it's automatically propagated to the dependent job schedule.

From the top of my head your challenge can be easily solved by VeeamOne reporting capabilities. For instance take a loot at Protected VMs report. Thanks!
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 561 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby Rascii » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Gostev wrote:I just heard the same request from a very big brand, also our existing customer. But I did not like to put the actual date into the column - there is already a columns with date, plus date/time value is hardly readable at a glance. I proposed to instead have the "Last run" column that will say, for example, "4 days ago" - and they thought it is an excellent idea. What do you think?

Love the idea. Better than a long and cumbersome date for sure.

A very needed column as I agree with the OP.
Rascii
Novice

Liked: never

Re: Feature Request: "Last Run" Column on Main Window!

Veeam Logoby wonderboy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:46 am

Hi Gostev,

yes that sounds like it will do the trick!

thanks
wonderboy
Influencer

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: peter

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication