Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
ekisner
Expert
Liked: 34 times
Full Name: Erik Kisner

Feature Request - Tape list in job statistics

Post by ekisner »

Would be great if a list of tapes used were displayed in some fashion, in the job summary. Would help with sorting out what got written where, as sometimes jobs don't run according to plan. Just this morning I had a tape with an expiration date, no media set, and zero data on it. Job was waiting for an empty tape, it wouldn't take it until I marked it free, even though it was completely empty and not associated with a media set.

Makes me wonder how other iterations have progressed, and where they've written their data to.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request - Tape list in job statistics

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Erik.

Tape job email report contains the information about used tapes. If you want more advanced reporting capabilities, please take a look at VeeamONE tape reports. Cheers!
ekisner
Expert
Liked: 34 times
Full Name: Erik Kisner

Post by ekisner »

VeeamONE was remarkably disappointing when I last checked it out a short time ago. Judging by the screenshots in the subpages of the link you sent that hasn't changed. For all the reports it has, the ones that actually provide information missing in the GUI are terribly designed and do not relate that information in a digestible fashion.

It'd be easier to parse the email reports from a service mailbox or just hit the database directly with a script, before I resign myself to VeeamONE.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Erik,
Veeam ONE reports are to be redesigned in the next product update. What would you change and what data are you missing in this reports?
Thanks!