Feature Request - Tape list in job statistics

Discussions specific to tape backups

Feature Request - Tape list in job statistics

Veeam Logoby ekisner » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:22 pm

Would be great if a list of tapes used were displayed in some fashion, in the job summary. Would help with sorting out what got written where, as sometimes jobs don't run according to plan. Just this morning I had a tape with an expiration date, no media set, and zero data on it. Job was waiting for an empty tape, it wouldn't take it until I marked it free, even though it was completely empty and not associated with a media set.

Makes me wonder how other iterations have progressed, and where they've written their data to.
ekisner
Expert

Liked: 32 times
Full Name: Erik Kisner

Re: Feature Request - Tape list in job statistics

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:16 pm

Hi Erik.

Tape job email report contains the information about used tapes. If you want more advanced reporting capabilities, please take a look at VeeamONE tape reports. Cheers!
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 590 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby ekisner » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:47 pm

VeeamONE was remarkably disappointing when I last checked it out a short time ago. Judging by the screenshots in the subpages of the link you sent that hasn't changed. For all the reports it has, the ones that actually provide information missing in the GUI are terribly designed and do not relate that information in a digestible fashion.

It'd be easier to parse the email reports from a service mailbox or just hit the database directly with a script, before I resign myself to VeeamONE.
ekisner
Expert

Liked: 32 times
Full Name: Erik Kisner

Veeam Logoby Shestakov » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:45 pm

Hello Erik,
Veeam ONE reports are to be redesigned in the next product update. What would you change and what data are you missing in this reports?
Thanks!
Shestakov
Veeam Software

Liked: 503 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Return to Tape