Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
cyaz
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Virtual Volumes and SRM monitoring?

Post by cyaz »

Hi everyone,

Quick question : is there any specific monitoring for VVols and Site Recovery Manager in the latest version of the MP?
I've found a few hints in the v8 release notes about VVols being monitored and in an old forum post about SRM monitoring support being planned (back in 2009), but couldn't really find anything in the MP reference pages.

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Virtual Volumes and SRM monitoring?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

There is nothing specific for vVols, SRM monitoring in the latest version of Veeam MP. Can you please give us a bit more info on what you are after, so we could account this information for our next updates?

Thank you!
cyaz
Influencer

Post by cyaz »

I actually don't really know what these feature are used for, I'm not a vMware expert at all.
It's just that one of my customer asked me if the veeam MP would be able to monitor them, since they are planning on using them.
Only resource I was able to find was an old forum post ( https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-manageme ... t1481.html ) about SRM and the MP v8 feature page for VVOL ( https://www.veeam.com/management-pack-s ... tures.html ), but nothing in the actual resources pages, so I figured I would directly ask...
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Post by Alec King »

Hi cyaz,

Veeam MP does support VVOLs - they appear in our MP as Datastores with a 'VVOL' filesystem type. So they participate in all the same alerts, charts, dashboards, reports etc. as a standard VMFS Datastore.

However we do not have any direct monitoring of VMware SRM, and it's not currently planned.

Thanks,
Alec
Alec King
Vice President, Product Management
Veeam Software
cyaz
Influencer

Post by cyaz » 1 person likes this post

Thanks Alec!