Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
riahc3
Expert
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: John

No Inventory View?

Post by riahc3 »

Reading the manual, there is something I need to do in the Inventory view but...its not there.

In the Backup Infrastructure view, I have under Managed Servers a Standalone vSphere host and a Windows Server.

Im also currently doing backups of VMs so...

Why isn't the Inventory view available?
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: No Inventory View?

Post by DGrinev »

Hi John,

You have all the views except inventory like shown in this screenshot?
Did you check inventory view enabled in the navigation pane there is a small double arrow ">>" on the bottom?
RobCahill73
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Rob Cahill

Post by RobCahill73 »

Was there ever a solution to this? I have the same issue. No inventory and it's not listed beside the double arrows either.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr » 1 person likes this post

Hi Rob,

Welcome to Veeam community forums and thank you for the question.

Could you please make a screenshot to let us know what exactly concerns you?

Also, please note, that according to Veeam forum rules, you should include support case ID when posting about any technical issue, as requested when you click the "New topic" button - our support team will be happy to assist with any technical issue (even if you are running a free Veeam product).

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Hi Rob, do you have any virtualization hosts added to Veeam B&R console?
RobCahill73
Novice

Post by RobCahill73 »

Hi foggy, I'm just setting up a test environment so I have 2 DC's and a 2012 server with Veeam 9.0 B+R. I'm currently cloning the Vcentre server from the live environment to add that too. Maybe this will help? The Task I was assigned is to test it for backing up physical workstations running lab equipment so not sure why I need the VM stuff added too??
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Veeam 9.0 B+R
This view was implemented in Veeam B&R 9.5 U3. (And disregard my comment regarding adding virtualization host - it should be visible out of the box.)
wishr
Veteran

Hi Rob,

I'd like to add that we've recently released a huge major update for B&R (9.5 Update 4), so if there is a decision to update I would recommend sticking with that version. Just in general, it's a best practice to keep any Veeam products updated.

Thanks
RobCahill73
Novice

Post by RobCahill73 »

At the moment I'm just testing to see if Veeam can do what they want to do. So I don't have a budget to upgrade yet. Are you saying Veeam 9.0 is not capable of backing up physical machines? I have recommended using it for our Virtual environment going forward but they have tasked me with this project first. In the past I never used Veeam for physical systems so this is new to me.
wishr
Veteran

Hi Rob,

If you are evaluating B&R capabilities, it's even more recommended to test the latest version possible. B&R v9.0 won't give you a holistic picture of our capabilities, because several years have passed from the point of 9.0 release, and there are tons of enhancements and new features introduced by later releases. So I would recommend to make a clean installation of 9.5 Update 4 and proceed with that.

B&R 9.0 required standalone Agents (ex Veeam Endpoint) to be installed to backup physical machines. In the current version, you can use a variety of features to back up any physical or even cloud workloads.

Thanks
RobCahill73
Novice

Post by RobCahill73 »

Hi Wishr, I've tried to upgrade but I think my version of 9.0 is too old.. 9.0.0.902
Can i install and test the latest version from the same link you provided yesterday? I assume I would have to uninstall 9.0 first? All install options are greyed out at the moment.
The fact I may not need agents on the workstations would be a big plus.
Thanks Rob
DGrinev
Veteran

Post by DGrinev » 1 person likes this post

Hey Rob,

You should update to 9.0 Update 2 (build 9.0.0.1715) or later prior to installing the most recent 9.5 Update 4.
You will need the agents anyway for the physical workstations but with the most recent version of VBR you can utilize the Agent management feature which allows you to deploy and manage them from within the backup server. Thanks!
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

Hi Rob,

I would like to mention, that personally, I would prefer completely wiping the entire server/VM or installing updates in series (U2 first, then U4) instead of uninstalling - this might save some time.

Hope this helps.

BR,
Fedor
RobCahill73
Novice

Post by RobCahill73 »

I downloaded Update 2 KB ID: 2147 Product: Veeam Backup & Replication, Version: 9.0.0.1715 but it says it cannot install automatically, Please contact us to help install manually?
DGrinev
Veteran

Post by DGrinev » 1 person likes this post

Hey Rob,

Please review the sticky thread, it contains all the upgrade information you need with the KB links. Thanks!