Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
stevezemlicka
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Stephen Zemlicka

GFS Retention

Post by stevezemlicka »

I seem to be mising the Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly options on the storage\retention section of the backup job. I suspect this is due to an update (currently running 9.5.0.122). I think the GFS retention needs backup copy jobs to set this up. However this seems overly complicated compared to the old method of just specifying how many of each to keep. Am I missing something?

If not, and if we need to setup copy jobs to achieve GFS style retention, how to set this up is not clear in the guides. Can I get some assistance with how to configure one or more copy jobs to achieve GFS style retention? I have a mixture of Hyper-V and Agent backups if that matters.

Thanks,
Steve
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: GFS Retention

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Steve and welcome to the community!
Backup job doesn't have GFS retention options. It has nothing to do with an upgrade. GFS retention is to be set in backup copy job settings. Just choose how many G/F/S restore points you want to have.
Thanks.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Can I get some assistance with how to configure one or more copy jobs to achieve GFS style retention? I have a mixture of Hyper-V and Agent backups if that matters.
You cannot mix backups of different platforms within one backup copy job. So, yo will have to create at least two backup copy jobs: Hyper-V and Agent one. Thanks.
stevezemlicka
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Stephen Zemlicka

Post by stevezemlicka »

That's what I was missing, I created a backup copy job and set those settings. We'll see how well it works. Thanks for the input.