Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
nehalem
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Kiriakos Ntolias

Chain Replication Local & Remote WAN

Post by nehalem »

Hello team,

My scenario is to double replicate some VMs without having the real production machines in open snapshot for a long time.
So i need to know if there is a way to control these two jobs serial.

Eg. i have the master VM_SQL and i have a job to replicate it local to a local datastore on my production
this creates an VM_SQL_replica in my production vcenter invenotory and takes about 1hour to resync

Then i need a second job to replicate to VM_SQL_replica to remote WAN Esx server on my DR Site but this can long about 29Hours

The question is HOW can i schedule these jobs to NEVER run together but only one after each other?
I need my WAN Job to start when the LOCAL finishes.

As i can see i cannot make a job selecting both machines with different Target Hosts/Datastores so if there is a command or something i want to control them serial because the second wan job lasts more than one whole day.

Best Regards
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Chain Replication Local & Remote WAN

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Kiriakos,

You can schedule your replication jobs with PowerShell scripts.

Here you go a useful topic with more information: Veeam Backup v4 wait command (nevermind the title)

Please also note that in order to replicate a replicated VM, you should disable CBT in the advanced settings.

Hope this helps!
larry
Veteran
Liked: 97 times
Full Name: Larry Walker

Re: Chain Replication Local & Remote WAN

Post by larry »

I been doing this http://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3790 for a year, always works. No need to istall anything, PS is istalled with Veeam. This way my offsite job doesnt start until the onsite job is done.