Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran
Liked: 58 times

Backup Settings Are Not Configured

Post by AlexLeadingEdge »

Hi guys,

We had a server crash last night and now the Veeam Agent is saying "Backup settings are not configured". After inputting all the backup settings (they're actually all there) it still doesn't stop saying "Backup settings are not configured". I've restarted the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows service and stopped it and started it, but no change.

I'm sure I've seen this before and it was fixed with a reboot, but this is a server and I can't reboot it during the day.

Any idea what else I can do to get this back up and running?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup Settings Are Not Configured

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Alex,

It looks like a db issue. Try to restart the SQL services together with agent service. If that does not help and you are not worried about job settings (and you are ok with settings up backup job from scratch) - try to recreate agent database. If that does not work please reach out support team but, as usual, do not forget to share the case ID in this thread. Thanks!
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran

Hi Dima,

It is the strangest thing, it has fixed itself overnight. No reboot of the server or restart of the services necessary. The only thing that I can think of that has changed is that an automated Veeam Agent backup has run overnight.
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran

Hi guys, this same issue has started again.

Have opened another case, and forum post here:

https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-agent-fo ... 52853.html