Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mheckel
Novice
Liked: never

Feature Request

Post by mheckel »

Hello,

as said in veeam-backup-replication-f2/feature-requests-t1225.html there should be an extra Topic, for every request... So:

I´d like to have a search in the Credentials Manager, cause we´ve got a lot of hosting customers, which makes the credential manager confusing.

Thank you.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Feature Request

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Hi, thank you for the request. You can now just "type" the name right in the credentials list to quickly jump to it, similar to Windows Explorer. Thanks!
spiritie
Service Provider
Liked: 40 times
Full Name: Gert

Post by spiritie »

+1 for this feature request.

Hi Foggy

This is not really viable solution. For an example if you have 50 accounts called "veeam-service-account" for each VM, then you still have 50 credentials to go through because the filter would be on the first column which is "Account" and not the "Description" column. We set an description on all of the credentials but this doesn't matter in the search process, you still have to go through the entire list manually.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Hi Gert, I understand it is not a universal solution, just a hint that helps in some cases. Thanks for the feedback.
tyler.app
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Tyler A

Post by tyler.app »

Not sure if this is the best place for a feature request but here goes -

Would like to see Veeam dynamically recognize the host my VM is on. It's a pain to modify jobs just because I needed to shift a VM to a new host for a day to do maintenance. If I told Veeam I have host A & B and want to back up VM 123, it should check host A and B for VM 123 and keep my job rolling!
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Do you have your vCenter added into VBR console? If so, then I assume that you want Veeam to monitor if the VM has moved to another vCenter?

Thanks!