Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
CraigV75
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: CraigV

Issue with backups after moving VMs to new vSwitch

Post by CraigV75 »

Hi All,

I've got an issue where VM backups, for the most part, seem to be failing. This has happened after I moved the VMs from a vSwitch (on which ESXi Management ran) to a new vSwitch I created.
I know when you remove a host from Veeam and add it back, then it "resignatures" those VMs and treats them as new additions. Is this the same for simply performing an attachment of a VM to a new vSwitch?

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Issue with backups after moving VMs to new vSwitch

Post by veremin »

Have you created a ticket with our support team? And what exact error you came across? Thanks!
CraigV75
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: CraigV

Post by CraigV75 »

Hi,

No I haven't. I was under the impression that these forums are like other community forums where people are able to assist without logging a call. Various errors, some relating to a NAS the client is backing up too which I am aware of.
My question was whether or not moving VMs to a nw vSwitch could cause issues...<-- that's the question I need answered. The other issues are hardware-related.

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Without seeing issue or error itself we cannot say whether attaching a VM to new vSwitch is the root cause of it. Or check whether anyone has experienced similar problem before.

According to Veeam forum rules, you should include support case ID while posting about technical issue, as requested when you click the "New topic" button.

Technical issue requires log as well as virtual environment investigation which cannot be done via forum correspondence.

Thanks!