Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
Nail.Mukhametshin
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Наиль Мухаметшин

[Known issues] Veeam One

Post by Nail.Mukhametshin »

Hi all!

I want to make a topic with all of known issues with Veeam One Monitoring tool. I will try to keep this post updated. Do not hesitate to contact me for update.
  • Disk chart showing not for all VMs (Case 03127430 - investigating)
  • Chart collection for CSV (Disk, Volume Cache) and for VMs (CPU, Memory, Network, Disk) stops time to time (Case 02724826 - closed, not resolved)
  • Disk chart for CSV Volume shows incorrect Latency counter (Case 02464332 - closed, private fix for 9.5u3)
  • [Possible Bug] Incorrect performance log collection for CSV (forum link, not updated by DevTeam from February 2018)
  • Disk Space chart for CSV Volume shows incorrect CSV FS Provisioned Space counter - counts VMs moved to another volume (Case 03127434 - will be fixed in 9,5 update 4 or later, has private workaround)
  • Disk Space chart for CSV Volume shows incorrect CSV FS Provisioned Space counter - counts removed VMs snapshots infinitely (Case 02410109 - closed, private fix for 9.5u3)
If you have the same issue I can update this post to add your case number and other data.
Nail Mukhametshin | System Engineer | R&D Services Infrastructure Development | Kaspersky Lab
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: [Known issues] Veeam One

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Nail.Mukhametshin wrote:Chart collection for CSV (Disk, Volume Cache) and for VMs (CPU, Memory, Network, Disk) stops time to time (Case 02724826 - closed, not resolved)
Just looked at this case and I'm a bit confused ;) You've decided to stop investigation, so it means there are no guarantees this issue will be fixed in our next update. If you could find some time to investigate this, our dev team will appreciate it.
Nail.Mukhametshin
Enthusiast

Vitaliy S. wrote: Oct 12, 2018 10:35 am You've decided to stop investigation, so it means there are no guarantees this issue will be fixed in our next update.
Yes, I understand this, but this is not making this as Unknown issue. We currently do not have a time to troubleshoot this issue with your support, but other people may to know that this an issue in the product.

I just want to collect all known issues in one post to compact info and help other peoples to find issues and solutions if they exist.
Nail Mukhametshin | System Engineer | R&D Services Infrastructure Development | Kaspersky Lab
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Got it! All known issues usually have a fix and if someone faces it, he or she should go to the support team to get one anyway. On the other hand, some commonly seen known issues are already listed in the Release Notes document. Thanks!
dmemenza
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: David Memenza

Post by dmemenza »

Hi,

We recently upgraded our SQL DB cluster from 2016 SP2 CU3. Any known issues with the version of SQL and VeeamONE Monitoring? It stopped working right after the update to SQL. We're running VeeamONE v9.5.3801.

Thanks,

- David Memenza
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

If it stopped working, then please contact our support team to review what is causing it. As soon as you do this, please let me know your case ID, so that I could discuss it with the QA team. Thanks!
Nail.Mukhametshin
Enthusiast

Hi again, moderator!

Please make some changes again:

1. There now one problem described twice. On second and last position. Last one is correct, so please delete "Disk Space chart for CSV Volume shows incorrect CSV FS Provisioned Space counter (Case 03127434 - investigating, has workaround)", and please correct last entry to "Disk Space chart for CSV Volume shows incorrect CSV FS Provisioned Space counter - counts VMs moved to another volume (Case 03127434 - will be fixed in 9,5 update 4 or later, has private workaround)"

2. I had remembered some other privately fixed bugs:
  • Disk Space chart for CSV Volume shows incorrect CSV FS Provisioned Space counter - counts removed VMs snapshots infinitely (Case XXXXXX - closed, private fix for 9.5u3)
3. Also, if you have information about what issues will be fixed in 9.5u4, can you write some info to the list? I'll be very grateful!
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Nail,
I've edited the first post with your updates. I'll also check if the fixes will be part of u4 (as a rule, yes).
Disk Space chart for CSV Volume shows incorrect CSV FS Provisioned Space counter - counts removed VMs snapshots infinitely (Case XXXXXX - closed, private fix for 9.5u3)
Could you specify the case number?
Nail.Mukhametshin
Enthusiast

Case 02410109, I think.

Also there present [Possible Bug] Shared VHD counts for every VM where attached (Case was not created, we found this while perform test using shared VHDs), please add this to the list too =))

And thank you for editing topic, I really appreciate this.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Thanks for the update, Nail. Could you elaborate on shared VHD issue, please?
Nail.Mukhametshin
Enthusiast

If we have 2 VMs with one system VHDX (assume 50 Gb) and one VHDS (Shared VHDX, assume 100 Gb) that shared with this 2 VMs, then counter on CSV will show Provisioned space - 300 Gb (50+100+50+100, when expected is 200 50+50+100), same with Used space.

Because we decided do not use Shared VHDX in our infra we do not create a ticket, but I want to inform you that there is possible bug.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Got it. Thanks for the clarification and for notifying us!
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

If we have 2 VMs with one system VHDX (assume 50 Gb) and one VHDS (Shared VHDX, assume 100 Gb) that shared with this 2 VMs, then counter on CSV will show Provisioned space - 300 Gb (50+100+50+100, when expected is 200 50+50+100), same with Used space.

Because we decided do not use Shared VHDX in our infra we do not create a ticket, but I want to inform you that there is possible bug.
Discussed it with devs and QA. The last claims the issue was fixed after one of support cases initiated by your company. Fix is included in the upcoming release.