Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
segfault
Enthusiast
Liked: 21 times
Full Name: John Garner

Feature Request: Pause/Resume SureBackup on Error

Post by segfault »

When setting up a SureBackup, an error can cause the entire job to abort, wasting a lot of time on some of our larger application groups.

It would be handy to have a "pause on error" checkbox next to the "keep the application group running" option. This way if something times out or fails we can login and look around to try and see where the system failed. If the job does fail, it would then be nice to have a "Resume" button next to the "stop session" button that re-runs the last failed task/check and resumes with the lab session.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request: Pause/Resume SureBackup on Error

Post by Dima P. »

Hello John.

Have you tried to use Keep the application group running after the job completes option? Does it work for your case? Cheers!
segfault
Enthusiast

Post by segfault »

The "Keep application group running' option only works if there are no errors.

In my testing, any error in the lab startup results in the entire lab being shut down.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

John,

Now I got it, thanks for the clarification. I've noted an improvement request based on your post. Cheers!
ssimakov
Veeam Software
Liked: 63 times
Full Name: Stanislav Simakov

Post by ssimakov »

John, do you need it for initial setup only or as part of standard backup verification routine? If the former then troubleshooting mode (right-click and Start as per https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95) seems to be what you are after.
segfault
Enthusiast

Post by segfault »

Stanislav,

Just as a follow up, I tried the troubleshooting mode and it does not appear to work as described.

I'm having an issue with an appliance (Cisco Call Manager) VM that the system is not detecting as having started. started. If I right-click on the problematic VM and select 'start' on that vm, the system indicates that it is in troubleshooting mode and then begins the process of starting the vm's in the SureBackup lab.

However, once it gets to the Call Manager VM it fails (as expected) and the system immediately powers off all VM's in the lab. I'm left with nothing but log files. Thus it would be nice to have a "ignore the error and continue" option.

Thanks,

--john