Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
lblancocon
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Leandro blanco

File does not exist or locked. VMFS path - Waiting for the authd reply message... Failed.

Post by lblancocon »

HI best regards.

I have the following problem.

I have 6 Host with ESXI 6.5 on Vcenter Server:

Host 1
Host 2
Host 3
Host 4
Host 5
Host 6

I also have 100 VMs distributed on them with Vmtion.

When I try to run the Job backup of my VM "kamet" shows error. This happens on my hosts: Host1, Host3 and Host6, All the VMs located on these shows this error, but if I move them to other host(Host2, Host4, Host5) it works correctly:
Processing kamet Error: File does not exist or locked. VMFS path: [[SRM5_Quili] kamet/kamet.vmx]. Please, try to download specified file using connection to the ESX server where the VM registered. Failed to create NFC download stream. NFC path: [nfc://conn:vcentertelmex.conza.net,nfchost:host-18686,stg:datastore-6196@kamet/kamet.vmx].
I was looking for on the logs and I Find out this:

[02.12.2018 08:03:55] < 15048> nfc| Waiting for the authd reply message...
[02.12.2018 08:04:55] < 15048> nfc| Waiting for the authd reply message... Failed.

Does anyone know what mean this?

Sorry for my english, I'm trying to practice without using google translate
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: File does not exist or locked. VMFS path - Waiting for the authd reply message... Failed.

Post by wishr »

Hi Leandro,

Welcome to Veeam Community Forums and thanks for posting your question.

Could you please check the permissions as mentioned in this article. If that does not help please contact our support team and post your case ID in this thread as asked by our forum rules.

Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: File does not exist or locked. VMFS path - Waiting for the authd reply message... Failed.

Post by foggy »

Restarting ESXi management agent may help, but there could be several reasons for this kind of issues, so logs investigation is definitely required.
lblancocon
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Leandro blanco

Post by lblancocon »

The support team recommended me, restarting ESXI management and I did it but it still doesn't work.

Could I do anything else?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Please keep working with the support team on this. Thanks!