Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
alex_ilie
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Alexandru Ilie

Veeam Instant Recovery

Post by alex_ilie »

Hi. Regarding the Veeam Instant recovery thing, must Veeam Backup server have a connection with the iSCSI server whare the datastores are located? I am using , for example the network ip xxx.yyy.zzz.... for VmKernel, and service console on the esx host and fo rthe Veeam server and for the iSCSI server i use the network address aaa.bbb.ccc.... There is a nic in the ESX host configured as aaa.bbb.ccc.... and which is associated to a VmKernel port for connecting the ESX host to the iSCSI target. But the Veeam server and iSCSI server do not rely on the same network. The only connection between them is through ESX host. For running Instant recovery must the Veeam server have a nic configured with the same network address as the iSCSI target? Must these servers be in the same network as well? I get an error when i run the instant recovery. The error is "Failed to publish vm. Unable to mount vPower NFS volume. An error occured during host configuration.". I must say that i have created an extra VmKernel for Veeam as well and placed it on the same nic with the service console, but still does not work. Could someone provide me some suggestions? Thank you!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6715 times

Re: Veeam Instant Recovery

Post by Gostev »

alex_ilie wrote:Hi. Regarding the Veeam Instant recovery thing, must Veeam Backup server have a connection with the iSCSI server whare the datastores are located?
No
alex_ilie wrote:For running Instant recovery must the Veeam server have a nic configured with the same network address as the iSCSI target?
No
alex_ilie wrote:Must these servers be in the same network as well?
No
alex_ilie wrote:I get an error when i run the instant recovery. The error is "Failed to publish vm. Unable to mount vPower NFS volume. An error occured during host configuration.". I must say that i have created an extra VmKernel for Veeam as well and placed it on the same nic with the service console, but still does not work. Could someone provide me some suggestions? Thank you!
For any technical issues please contact support directly, as explained when you click New Topic.