Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
mlottcpap
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Unable to mount snapshot clone

Post by mlottcpap »

I am working with a new Pure storage array and it's built-in (storage) snapshots. In Veeam under Storage Infrastructure I am able to see all of the created snapshots, and Veeam can see the VMs contained in each. I was attempting to FLR a couple of the machines but it consistently fails with the message "Unable to to mount snapshot clone VEEAM-StorageLUNClone-xxxx to host X.X.X.X Error: Cannot find LUN by IQN...

Before I keep beating on this, I wonder if it should even be possible to mount those snapshots from within Veeam since it did not orchestrate them. I have a procedure for doing this manually but was hopeful that Veeam would also allow this. If it is indeed supposed to work then I can work to diagnose the true cause.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Unable to mount snapshot clone

Post by Gostev »

Yes, absolutely - in fact, this is exactly the use case we started our primary storage snapshot integration journey from! Feel free to open a support case for the assistance with troubleshooting. Thanks!
mlottcpap
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Post by mlottcpap »

Thanks, I was pretty sure I had it working at one point with either the VNX or the Pure. I am currently in eval mode, so hopefully I can open a ticket.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi,

Sure, you can open a ticket even if you are on a free version. Our support engineers will be happy to help!

Regards,
Fedor
mwl
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: mike

Post by mwl »

These Forums are worse than useless when the answer to every question is "open a ticket". I'm sure this is a solved problem 3 years later, but searching for the answer just comes up with forum posts like this one where the solution isn't described, polluting search results.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hi Mike,

As explained here, we cannot troubleshoot technical issues effectively over the forum posts. Our Customer Support department has all necessary tools and resources including access to our internal knowledge base with "known" issues in order to research technical problems of any complexity. Technically, the same error message may appear due to different root causes in different cases, there are no guarantees that an existing solution will help to resolve your specific problem. That's why it's fully up to our support team to find an appropriate solution based on debug logs and infrastructure analysis. In fact, "open a ticket" is the best of all possible answers when we're discussing technical issues.

Thanks!