Novice
Liked: never

Start-VBRWindowsFileRestore failing

Post by lgs »

Case # 03356675

Start-VBRWindowsFileRestore fails intermittently with error:

Code: Select all

Unexpected thumbprint. Excepted '[thumbprint]'
Failed to connect to [IP address]: Failed to interact with backup server: Unexpected thumbprint. Excepted 
'[thumbprint]'
I raised it with support and they've said this is a bug related to certificate re-generation and will be fixed in a future release. When I asked if there is an ETA on this they directed me to these forums as they apparently are not "allowed" to share this information themselves.

Can somebody answer?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Start-VBRWindowsFileRestore failing

Post by veremin »

I'm wondering whether you've generated a new certificate and restarted veeam services. Thanks!
lgs
Novice

Post by lgs »

Hi Vladimir,

I haven't touched the certificates as they are showing as valid in the GUI, but at one point or another they have been updated because of another recent bug from Christma that was patched. We have restarted the Veeam services and the Powershell command generally starts working again, but then stops working again at an indetermined time later on.

Thanks
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

What happens if you execute Windows FLR via GUI? Just want to isolate the problem to either backup server in general or PS in particular. Thanks!
lgs
Novice

Post by lgs »

The only times I've ever done it, it has been successful. But in the ticket number I referenced the person told me it also affects restores within the GUI. They seemed to be quite confident it's a known bug but wouldn't or couldn't tell me when it would be patched.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

The similar issue has been reported already, thus, my question regarding GUI.

Anyway, if you're not satisfied with the level of support provided, you can always escalate the case by clicking "Talk to manager" button.

Thanks!
lgs
Novice

Post by lgs »

I don't have a problem with the level of support, the only reason I'm asking here is because they told me to. Now you're telling me to go back to the case, perhaps this process could be clarified internally somewhat :P

I simply would like to know if this is officially classed as a bug and if a fix is being worked on. Do you know?
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

If the issue persists after service restart, then, yes, you should keep working with the support team, until the resolution is found. Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

If the issue persists after service restart, then, yes, you should keep working with the support team, until the resolution is found. Thanks!