Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
wa15
Veteran
Liked: 25 times

Is this how Veeam support will be from now on?

Post by wa15 »

We purchased some 150 Veeam Agent for Windows licenses for a greenfield deployment and quite frankly, the deployment experience has been riddled with issues and we have not been able to backup even 1 of the 5 test systems that we have worked on. All are failing with different error messages.

Reached out to Veeam support (case number 03392624) and so far all 3 transactions from support have been a string of KB articles (so far to no avail) without much troubleshooting being done.

I completely understand sharing KB articles for obvious or basic issues, but to simply email a bunch of KBs at the customer who is experiencing a range of issues seems quite low effort (change my mind, I could be wrong). This is simply not the level of support I have seen with other large vendors or even Veeam for that matter.

What gives?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Is this how Veeam support will be from now on?

Post by Dima P. »

Hello wa15,

Update: I see that support engineer has checked the most common/known Update 4 issues and now can continue the investigation.

There are several known problems (you can find then in [UPDATE 4] Top issues tracker) and support team wants to be completely sure that you are not facing one of those. Sorry to hear that you have negative experience during such ‘pre-flight’ check.

I've asked support management to review your case and escalate case if that’s required. Please let us know how it goes, cheers!
wa15
Veteran
Liked: 25 times

Post by wa15 »

Hi Dima,

Thank you for following up on this; much appreciated. I did get a call from another Veeam support tech and will be returning their call shortly to work with them later today. Thanks again for your help in escalating and allocating resources to this case.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

You are welcome. Let us know how it goes!