Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
PingSpike
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Mostert

Initial backup moved offsite

Post by PingSpike »

Hi all, I am kind of new to Veeam

Regarding: Backup and replication for Hyper-V

I am struggling with this and I cant find the appropriate KB.
One of my clients has a massive amount of data (5Tb) that we need to ship to an offsite repository, but it will take 2 weeks with their currently internet line.
What I did was is I used a External drive to backup an "Initial" full backup and brought that to our Datacentre and copied it to the new repo location.

On the client side:
VBR can see the Datacentre's repository location fine, but when I try to map the location and then start the job, it fails with these 2 errors:
  • Error: Retrieved less bytes from the storage [0] than required [5246976]. Offset: [1248371375616]. File: [RelativePath: Backup/Full Initial/Full InitialD2019-02-07T140204.vbk]. Failed to download disk. Reconnectable protocol device was closed. Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.
  • Veeam Hard disk 1 (0,0 B) 0,0 B read at 0 KB/s [CBT]
I made a mistake of deleting the original job on the client side. So I don't know if this is now going to be an issue.
Does anyone have any advice?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Initial backup moved offsite

Post by foggy »

Hi Michael, deleting the job shouldn't be an issue. I recommend asking support for assistance in investigating the reasons of the problem. Thanks!