Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
morty
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Ryan Mortier

Hourly backup failing randomly

Post by morty »

I have a backup job running hourly that is backing up a single VM. This job was running great for over a year but then ever since upgrading vCenter to version 6.7U1 this job has been failing randomly once or twice a day with:
Task failed. Error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.99.30:443
192.168.99.30 is the vCenter server.

Again, this job runs fine for the vast majority of the time but once or twice a day (sometimes more) it'll fail the hourly backup. I've tried deleting the job and backups and recreating with no success. Also, I thought it might be the VM so I tried the job on another VM and the same thing happens. Before I open a support ticket, I thought I'd ask here, what might the issue be?

edit: I'm on Veeam B&R v9.5.0.1922 and I've done the registry API fix for vCenter 6.7U1
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Hourly backup failing randomly

Post by foggy »

Hi Ryan, I recommend contacting support directly, since logs review is required in such cases. Thanks!