Host-based backup of Nutanix AHV VMs.
fordstang93
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Craig McClellan

Nutanix Appliance Boots with no errors then blinking cursor

Post by fordstang93 »

I have had our Veeam Nutanix appliance working for a few weeks. I checked yesterday and the web console was not loading. the IP was pinging and the virtual appliance was online. Accessing the VM via the AHV console, there was just a black screen and blinking white cursor. I reset the VM and fully booted with no errors but just back to the black screen and blinking cursor. Any thoughts before I blow the whole thing out and re-create?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2249 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Nutanix Appliance Boots with no errors then blinking cursor

Post by veremin »

Hard to say without seeing debug logs and actual environment. Might be worth reaching our support team for further assistance. Thanks!
k.klutke
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Kris Klutke

Post by k.klutke »

Is the disk full?

The earlier versions had a bug which wouldn't clean up logs and eventually filled the disk.
aaron.grenier
Veeam Software
Liked: never
Full Name: Aaron Grenier

Post by aaron.grenier »

fordstang93 wrote: Mar 13, 2019 5:22 pm I have had our Veeam Nutanix appliance working for a few weeks. I checked yesterday and the web console was not loading. the IP was pinging and the virtual appliance was online. Accessing the VM via the AHV console, there was just a black screen and blinking white cursor. I reset the VM and fully booted with no errors but just back to the black screen and blinking cursor. Any thoughts before I blow the whole thing out and re-create?
I hope you didn't blow away your proxy appliance and start over? Technical support has a fix for this to get your configuration before upgrading to the newer version that resolves this issue.