Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
viberts
Influencer
Liked: never

Transfert VM on another Data center

Post by viberts »

Hi,

We have a 2 data center in my vmware environnement. One local (QG) and another remote (BranchOffice). On each site we have a Veeam server, proxy and Dell Data Domain. We do DataDomain Mtree replication between the two site for the repository. So on each Ddomain we have a local repository and remote repository copy. Each site have a differently scheme of ip adreessing.

We want transfert a big VM (file server of 3 to) from a datacenter to anoter data center. I want know the best strategy to do that

Vmware replication
Veeam replication
Restore veeam
Instant recovery

We want the fastest method but also the most viable

All tips are welcome
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Transfert VM on another Data center

Post by veremin »

Just to understand the idea better - you want to transfer the whole VM or its backup? Is it one time operation or the activity should be running regularly? Thanks!
bdufour
Expert
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: blake dufour

Post by bdufour »

if youre looking to migrate the vms and have a reliable circuit btw the DCs and if youre on 6.0+ u have the ability to do live vmotion btw DCs. there are some requirements - like a common EVC baseline and still need layer 2 adjacency btw vm networks.
viberts
Influencer

Post by viberts »

Sansa Stark wrote: Mar 29, 2019 6:45 pm Just to understand the idea better - you want to transfer the whole VM or its backup? Is it one time operation or the activity should be running regularly? Thanks!
Yes my business is a 24/7 business (ambulance transport) so the shortest time the services was stopped is the best is
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Planned failover will also provide the shortest delay in service. Please review this thread for more details.
viberts
Influencer

Post by viberts »

Thank you for the information

I will check this