Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
soporteBHUY
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Soporte Heritage

Rescan of Mannually Added Job Fail

Post by soporteBHUY »

Hello, I have updated to VBR 9.5 U4, and now I have a daily job failed

Rescan of Manually Added --> Fail
“Error: Remote deployment and management is available for licensed agents only. Please change your backup server settings to allow managed agents to consume the license, then perform a protection group rescan."

I am protectin one phisical server (windows 7) with a free license

I have seen this topic physical-cloud-f49/rescan-of-manually-a ... 56589.html

There is a reply with the folloging tip:
"Go to General menu, select License and open the Instances tab. Make sure that checkbox Allow free agents to consume instances is checked. Once done your agents should start to consume instance counters from your license files."

But I guess if I do this I will need a licensed agent? or can I still use my Free phisical agent license?

Thanks
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Rescan of Mannually Added Job Fail

Post by PTide »

But I guess if I do this I will need a licensed agent? or can I still use my Free phisical agent license?
Do you intend to deploy and manage your agents from VBR? If so, then the agents must consume license from VBR.

Also, what do you mean by "Free physical agent license"? Are you using community edition?

Thanks!
soporteBHUY
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Soporte Heritage

Post by soporteBHUY »

As I understand, there is a "Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows" free version for VBR to backup a physical server, I would like to continue using that version
jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Post by jmmarton »

If you do not already own any agent subscriptions/instances, then you are granted up to 6 free instances. Make sure you get these at which point you'll now have a licensed agent which should resolve the issue.

Joe
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Agents can send backups into VBR without consuming licenses only if Agents are in a standalone mode (aka "unmanaged"). In this mode VBR acts only as a receiver - you cannot manage and configure free Agents. The moment you start managing Agents from VBR, Agents start to consume counters from the license installed on VBR.

Thanks!