Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
davis157
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mike

Backup Configuration email notifications

Post by davis157 »

We have Backup Configuration jobs enabled, and with general email settings, we receive a message when these jobs complete. Is there a reason why the Subject header of these messages doesn't conform to the format defined in the general email settings? We have notifications from a number of sites/systems arriving, and it would be useful to be able to key off of content in the Subject header to automatically file the messages under the appropriate "site folder" in our email program. Notifications for "normal" backups aren't a problem, but we don't seem to have any control over the Subject header for Backup Configuration jobs.

Thanks,
Mike
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Backup Configuration email notifications

Post by foggy »

Hi Mike, default global email settings are used for configuration backup, except the subject - it just doesn't fit into the jobs template. Aren't you able to create a specific rule for configuration backup notifications, so that they also get into the appropriate folder?
davis157
Influencer

Post by davis157 »

Currently, I have something cobbled together, but there's plenty of room for an e-mail rule to trigger on something it shouldn't, and file a message incorrectly (or fail to file it, as the case may be). It would seem that to get around the lack of control on the Backup Configuration job's Subject header, we have to leverage the To and/or From address(es) for a given site to consistently identify the notifications from it. Right now, many of our site configurations use the same To/From address, so we're not able to utilize those headers for any meaningful content, but we'll look into it. Ultimately, this is what I suspected, and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something that provided Backup Configuration job-specific control over its notification Subject header.

Regards,
Mike
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Understood. Let's consider this a feature request.
davis157
Influencer

Post by davis157 »

I would appreciate the consideration as a feature request. Along these lines, it would also be useful if the Veeam Agent provided for separate Sender and Recipient fields for e-mail notifications. This would provide feature parity with Veeam Backup & Replication.

Regards,
Mike
plp
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Support PLP

Post by plp »

I have the same problem.
Please add this feature in the next update.
We have some customers and so we can't filter the e-mails.

Thank you in advance.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Your voice is counted, thanks for the feedback.
Moebius
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Lucio Mazzi

Post by Moebius »

Same problem here. Pretty weird that the configuration backup notification emails don't obey to the general email settings?
Periquillo
Novice

Post by Periquillo »

I have the same problem. We are an IT Services provider, we have set up VB&R on-premise on serveral of our clients. We monitor the health of VB&R, because it's our job, mainly by email notifications, because it's easy; and the email notifications from VB&R regarding "[Success] Backup Configuration Job" are not obeying the custom email subject we have defined for each of our clients' setup. So it becomes tiresome to find out each morning from where came each "[Success] Backup Configuration Job" email, of which I receive several.

Please, consider the feature request of making the "[Success] Backup Configuration Job" email notifications allow for a custom email subject.

Thank you.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

Can you tell me what options are missing in current configuration backup notification settings (custom subject, custom email address are already there)? Thanks!

Periquillo
Novice

Post by Periquillo » 1 person likes this post

veremin wrote:Can you tell me what options are missing in current configuration backup notification settings (custom subject, custom email address are already there)? Thanks!
We didn't have that option on the Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 setup in our clients. Our clients were at "Update1" revision of VB&R. I've just upgrade one of our clients' setup to VBR 9.5-Update4, and now I see the option you showed in your screenshot and which is exactly what I needed.

I guess we will have to upgrade to Update 4 the rest of our clients (I just hate upgrading software, but this feature alone warrants the effort involved).

Thank you!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Good to know that the feature you are after has been already added to our product. So, let your customers update their installations and enjoy the new functionality. Thanks!