Backup Configuration email notifications

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Backup Configuration email notifications

Veeam Logoby davis157 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:40 pm

We have Backup Configuration jobs enabled, and with general email settings, we receive a message when these jobs complete. Is there a reason why the Subject header of these messages doesn't conform to the format defined in the general email settings? We have notifications from a number of sites/systems arriving, and it would be useful to be able to key off of content in the Subject header to automatically file the messages under the appropriate "site folder" in our email program. Notifications for "normal" backups aren't a problem, but we don't seem to have any control over the Subject header for Backup Configuration jobs.

Thanks,
Mike
davis157
Novice

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mike

Re: Backup Configuration email notifications

Veeam Logoby foggy » Fri May 26, 2017 5:42 pm

Hi Mike, default global email settings are used for configuration backup, except the subject - it just doesn't fit into the jobs template. Aren't you able to create a specific rule for configuration backup notifications, so that they also get into the appropriate folder?
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1133 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Veeam Logoby davis157 » Fri May 26, 2017 6:07 pm

Currently, I have something cobbled together, but there's plenty of room for an e-mail rule to trigger on something it shouldn't, and file a message incorrectly (or fail to file it, as the case may be). It would seem that to get around the lack of control on the Backup Configuration job's Subject header, we have to leverage the To and/or From address(es) for a given site to consistently identify the notifications from it. Right now, many of our site configurations use the same To/From address, so we're not able to utilize those headers for any meaningful content, but we'll look into it. Ultimately, this is what I suspected, and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something that provided Backup Configuration job-specific control over its notification Subject header.

Regards,
Mike
davis157
Novice

Veeam Logoby foggy » Mon May 29, 2017 5:12 pm

Understood. Let's consider this a feature request.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1133 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Veeam Logoby davis157 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:47 pm

I would appreciate the consideration as a feature request. Along these lines, it would also be useful if the Veeam Agent provided for separate Sender and Recipient fields for e-mail notifications. This would provide feature parity with Veeam Backup & Replication.

Regards,
Mike
davis157
Novice

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication