Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
redhorse
Expert
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: RH

Backup Repository Load Control

Post by redhorse »

Hello,

we've got a veeam setup where we backup on the remote site to a local storage and transfer these backups to a backup copy repository on the main site. To avoid bandwith issues, we've set a limit in the load control section with two maximum concurrent tasks and maximum bandwith of 1 MB/s which is working very well and it fits our backup size.

We've been backing up these backup copys to tape on the main site for some time and now, after we upgraded Veeam to the latest version, we've descoverd some strange issues. After analyzing all the issues and error message and after trying several configurations I noticed that the problem seems to be related to the load control settings within the backup copy repository. Is it possible that the tape backup job also uses those limitations? Has the behaviour been changed between Update 3 and 4 of Veeam? Is there a way to set the limitations only to the backup copy process (which uses WAN) and not for the tape backup (wich is on the same site)?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Backup Repository Load Control

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I can answer the second part of your question: you can limit the network bandwidth in the network traffic rules settings for the backup copy job.

Best regards,
Hannes
redhorse
Expert
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: RH

Post by redhorse »

Hi Hannes,

great, that's all I need and it solves my current issue.

Thanks und Grüße nach Österreich
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

redhorse,

Logic was not changed. To make sure the connection is not throttled I'd also recommend you to check Traffic Throttling Rules in the tape server traffic settings. Cheers!