Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
raschu
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: raschu

Upgrade 9.5.0 -> 9.5.4 - Problem with License

Post by raschu »

Hi Veeam support / Forum, we use version 9.5.0.1536 and want to upgrade version 9.5.4.2753 with "9.5 Update 4a ISO image". After ".Net update" the upgrade needs the license file. We select our new license file "veeam_backup_perpetual_6_6.lic". After this we get the error message "The user don't trust the certificate or the admin policy has disabled user trust. Error: 0x80092003.". What can we do? Thank you, Ralf Schulze

ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Re: Upgrade 9.5.0 -> 9.5.4 - Problem with License

Post by ejenner »

Is there any possibility it does not like the path you're attempting to load the file from? I see it is set as P:\

What if you copy the license to the C: drive on your server where you're installing the product.

There's a remote chance it does not like the path.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

License files can not be added from an CIFS/SMB share. Please copy it first locally.
raschu
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: raschu

Post by raschu »

Thank you, the license file on c: did not work either.

But it works now since I copied the setup directory to c:
Is solved. Thank you.
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Post by ejenner »

I tend to do that with the majority of installations of all products, not just Veeam. Often software installations will have to unpack files and I prefer to do that locally rather than across a network.
stevenrodenburg1
Expert
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Steven Rodenburg

Post by stevenrodenburg1 »

A root-cause (pun intented) is possibly that the Veeam server misses certain root CA certificates needed for the code-signing verification of the installer. See https://www.veeam.com/kb2157
This is a standard problem on non-internet connected servers who either don't have these certificates or they are simply out of date. It caused this error with me once.

Tip: during the import of such certificates, some say "import successful" really quick, others take a while and the mmc seems to hang. Be patient. Some can take up to a minutes to install because the server still tries to access something on the internet (but it can't) and times out. Just be patient.

Oh, if the KB article says "Globalsign, install R1, R2, and R3 certificates": the R2 does not exist anymore. R1 and R3 are enough however.

I have this collection of certificates with me when I go to customers that have "dark systems" (completely isolated from the Internet).