Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Sutirtha
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Sutirtha Chatterjee

Data Domain and Veeam (Mtree mismatch)

Post by Sutirtha »

Hi Experts,

We are trying to integrate Veeam with Data Domain 4200 using DDboost . Here is the versions DDboost 3.1 DD OS 6.0 and Veeam 9.5 update4.

Existing DD had already 2 Mtree/Storage unit and we added a new Mtree/Storage unit to integrate Veeam in this setup. The Mtree hard limit is 800GB and soft limit 600GB which will act as Veeam repository . At DD we have added the Mtree with 800 GB hard limit under a DD boost user which have 2 more Mtree .

Now when we select the Mtree as repository at Veeam side we can see available space is 12.5 GB instead of 800GB which is set as Hard limit. Not sure what may be the issue.

Regards
Sutirtha
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Data Domain and Veeam (Mtree mismatch)

Post by PTide »

Hi,

I wonder what figures do other clients and the DD itself ("filesys show space" ?) report? If the figures are more or less comparable to what Veeam shows, then I'd contact EMC support directly with that. Otherwise, I would assume that something is wrong on our (Veeam's) side.

Thanks!
Sutirtha
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Sutirtha Chatterjee

Re: Data Domain and Veeam (Mtree mismatch)

Post by Sutirtha »

Thanks for the reply . I had opened a case EMC and they informed all fine at Mtree level and told to run backup more than the available space showing i.e. 12.3GB and when we ran a test backup automatically the capacity changed to as expected 800GB .

Issue resolved