Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Richeyyy
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Richard Neale

Wan Accelerator

Post by Richeyyy »

Having issues with WAN Acc on latest release. We are trying out the trial version and attempting to get the wan accelerator working between 2 sites. It will deploy and setup on the local machine but when trying to deploy on the remote machine it get all the way through the setup process but sticks on Configuring WAN Accelerator. It sits there for around 15 minutes and then fails saying
13/06/2019 16:57:10 Error Configuring WAN Accelerator. Error: The RPC server is unavailable.

RPC function call failed. Function name: [InvokerTestConnection]. Target machine: [81-81-81-81.dsl.notreal.aha.co.uk:6164].
The RPC server is unavailable.

Whats is wierd is that the above Target Machine is not using the FQDN but some hybrid version involving my local IP followed by my ISP?
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Wan Accelerator

Post by wishr »

Hi Richard,

Have you had a chance to contact our support team and raise a support request? If so, what's your case ID?

Please also note that you should include a support case ID when posting about any technical errors, as mentioned in Veeam Forum Rules.

About the error, I suppose the issue may be related to DNS/network configuration. The support team should be able to provide more concrete information.

Thanks