Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
syscons
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jochen Seeger

Signature validation Failure of Veeam Transport

Post by syscons » 1 person likes this post

Hello!

i am currently deploying the infrastructure at a big customer with high security requirements.
Between the VBR Server and the Proxys is a Firewall, all the required Ports are open and the Firewall Administrator confirmed there is no blocked communication between the 2 during the Test.

So when i try to deploy the Transport Package it uploads the package without an Issue , but when it wants to install it i get an RPC Error and the Log shows:
Signature of component 'C:\Windows\Veeam\Backup\Upload\fb3347dd-f912-493c-858b-b33d16471dd2\VeeamTransport.msi' is invalid (Veeam.Backup.Common.CCppCOMException)

I can install the .msi Package manually without a Problem and afterwards it registers the Proxy just fine.
I already tried this (altough it was referring to the Agent) https://www.veeam.com/kb2566 but it makes no difference.

Could you advise where the Problem mith reside?

Thanks!!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Signature validation Failure of Veeam Transport

Post by foggy »

Hi Jochen, looks like LocalSystem account, used to install the package remotely, doesn't have access to certificates, while when you install it manually using local user, everything is ok.
syscons
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jochen Seeger

Post by syscons »

Hi Foggy,

i am not using local system account, i am using a service account created by the customer, so your guess is permissions?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Or certificate issue. I'd ask support to verify if all the required certificates are correctly installed.
nui
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by nui »

Hi, I have the same problem.
Can you tell me what the solution is?
My error is when I try to add a Hiper-V server.
Thanks!
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Nui,

Please check this situation with our support team as your circumstances may vary. Note that according to our Forum Rules posts not referencing support case ID may be deleted.

Thanks
nui
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by nui »

Sorry, I have a version comunity edition.
I haven´t support.
I don´t know if they go to help me.
I thought what the forum is public and they could help me.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Unfortunately, this is not a support forum. Thanks!
stuart_little1874
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Stuart Little

Post by stuart_little1874 »

syscons wrote: Mar 06, 2019 4:50 pm Hello!

i am currently deploying the infrastructure at a big customer with high security requirements.
Between the VBR Server and the Proxys is a Firewall, all the required Ports are open and the Firewall Administrator confirmed there is no blocked communication between the 2 during the Test.

So when i try to deploy the Transport Package it uploads the package without an Issue , but when it wants to install it i get an RPC Error and the Log shows:
Signature of component 'C:\Windows\Veeam\Backup\Upload\fb3347dd-f912-493c-858b-b33d16471dd2\VeeamTransport.msi' is invalid (Veeam.Backup.Common.CCppCOMException)

I can install the .msi Package manually without a Problem and afterwards it registers the Proxy just fine.
I already tried this (altough it was referring to the Agent) https://www.veeam.com/kb2566 but it makes no difference.

Could you advise where the Problem mith reside?

Thanks!!

Did you ever get a satisfactory solution to this issue? We have the exact same issue? Did you have a Service Request number that I can use to quote to support?
stuart_little1874
Influencer

[MERGED] Cannot upgrade Remote Components (RPC Error)

Post by stuart_little1874 »

Case #04692342

We are currently deploying the infrastructure at a large customer with high-security requirements.

When we try to deploy the Transport Package it uploads the package without an Issue , but when it wants to install it we get an RPC Error and the Log shows:
Signature of component 'C:\Windows\Veeam\Backup\Upload\fb334... \VeeamTransport.msi' is invalid (Veeam.Backup.Common.CCppCOMException)

We can install the .msi Package manually without a Problem and afterwards it registers the Proxy just fine.
We already tried this (although it was referring to the Agent) https://www.veeam.com/kb2566 but it makes no difference.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2887 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
did you just copy the post from above? :D

Anyway, I merged it into the existing thread. Speculating with that kind of error makes little sense. Normally it's a firewall or antivirus-issue. I cannot remember how often the firewall admin said "everything is open" and after days or weeks they came back "uuups, we found something..."

Manual registration of the packages is a workaround I used a couple of times, yes.

If you really want to know the reason, then please continue with support. They have the logs and know how to read them.

Best regards,
Hannes
stuart_little1874
Influencer

Post by stuart_little1874 » 1 person likes this post

Hi HannesK, yes.. I more or less copied that thread.

We worked out that what our issue was. It was GPO related. Once we disabled the offending GPO the install proceeded without issue.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2887 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

if you could share which GPO it was, that could help others, thanks!
stuart_little1874
Influencer

Post by stuart_little1874 » 1 person likes this post

Sure... we didn't drill down and find the exact setting, but this is the link that described the policy.

The GPO is a "canned" GPO from MS

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... t-services